Sabine Weiland is associate professor of political science at Lille Catholic University, affiliated with the European School of Political and Social Sciences (ESPOL). She is the director of the ESPOL-LAB research center.
Sabine holds a PhD in social sciences from the University of Göttingen, Germany. She participated in various German, European and international research projects in the field of environmental governance, policy assessment, and science-policy interface. Before her appointment at the Catholic University of Lille she was working at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Freie Universität Berlin, Catholic University Louvain, and IDDRI/Sciences-Po Paris.
She is the spokesperson of the Working group ‘Environmental Politics/Global Change’ of the German Association of Political Science (Deutsche Vereinigung für Politische Wissenschaft, DVPW).
Languages spoken: French, English and German
CLASSES TAUGHT AT ESPOL
- Geopolitics of food (Master 1)
- European food policy (Master 2 Food Policy)
- Food and sustainable development (Master 2 Food Policy)
- Environmental and sustainability policy (Bachelor 1)
- Theories of European Integration (Bachelor 2)
- Environmental and sustainability policy and politics
- Food policy
- Sustainability transformation
- Reflexive governance
- Knowledge in policy-making
- Policy learning