Sabine Weiland is associate professor of political science at Lille Catholic University, affiliated with the European School of Political and Social Sciences (ESPOL). She is the director of the MA food policy programme.
Sabine holds a PhD in social sciences from the University of Göttingen, Germany. She participated in various German, European and international research projects in the field of environmental governance, policy assessment, and science-policy interface. Before her appointment at the Catholic University of Lille she was working at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Freie Universität Berlin, Catholic University Louvain, and IDDRI/Sciences-Po Paris.
She is the spokesperson of the Working group ‘Environmental Politics/Global Change’ of the German Association of Political Science (Deutsche Vereinigung für Politische Wissenschaft, DVPW).
Languages spoken: French, English and German
CLASSES TAUGHT AT ESPOL
- Geopolitics of food (Master 1)
- European food policy (Master 2 Food Policy)
- Food and sustainable development (Master 2 Food Policy)
- Environmental and sustainability policy (Bachelor 1)
- Theories of European Integration (Bachelor 2)
- Environmental and sustainability policy and politics
- Food policy
- Sustainability transformation
- Reflexive governance
- Knowledge in policy-making
- Policy learning