Political science is a discipline driven by excellence that offers attractive career prospects with a strong international outlook. Living up to this ambition, ESPOL, the European School of Political and Social Sciences, offers an interdisciplinary education oriented towards political careers and Europe. As successor to the School of Social and Political Sciences created within the Catholic University of Lille in 1894, ESPOL emphasises human values and the ethics of responsibilities; indispensable qualities for making one’s way in today’s world.
Its bilingual French-English courses provide an original and innovative platform for teaching political science.
The Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees give ESPOL graduates the keys to succeed in an increasingly competitive job market: theoretical knowledge and creativity, professionalism and intellectual curiosity, practical skills and sense of initiative.
European, multilingual and in step with its time, ESPOL provides you with the requisite skill-set to successfully enter the job market in Europe and beyond!
The history of the Catholic University of Lille began in 1875 with its five founding faculties, which have since provided instruction to many generations of students to guide them through social, political and economic changes at regional, national and international levels.
The Catholic University of Lille is also composed of additional schools and institutes, including ESPOL (political science), ISEA (accounting), the Department of Ethics and Philosophy, and the IU2S (healthcare administration). The mission adopted by the Faculties of the Catholic University of Lille is to train our students to become highly skilled, creative and flexible professionals as well as active and responsible citizens. In pursuit of this aim, through their core activities of teaching, research and serving society, the Faculties remain at all times attentive to the world around them and ready to adapt. Their primary ambition is to create the ideal environment for students to become the main actors of their education and to be responsible citizens, with humanist values and striving for excellence. These are invaluable qualities to successfully enter the job market.
– All courses are tailored to current job market trends
– Advice on career guidance and development in the Career Centre
– Personalised supervision in higher studies
– An internship programme to help students enter the job market
– Study abroad opportunities for all students to learn about other cultures and learning methods (Erasmus, International Relations department)
– A rich student life with many associations (cultural, sports, charities…) that have been active for several generations in one of the finest universities in France
– Services to facilitate daily life (housing services, cafeterias, sports, clubs…)
– Support services (social services, grants & financial assistance)
– Attentiveness to student needs and sharing of humanist values
– Alumni community networks
– Fundamental and applied research dedicated to fostering knowledge and skills to create, innovate and develop.
SILVA BARTOLINI Référendaire à la Cour de Justice européenne / JEAN BAUDOUIN Professeur des Universités en Science politique, Université Rennes 1 / HUGUES BEAUDOUIN Journaliste à LCI / BERNARD BRUNETEAU Professeur des Universités en Science politique, Université Rennes 1 / SÉBASTIEN CARE Maître de conférences en science politique, Université Rennes 1 / SOFIA FERNANDES Chercheur senior, Notre Europe – Institut Jacques Delors / JUAN JAUREGUI OLAGUIBEL Référendaire à la Cour de Justice européenne / DAN MERCEA Maître de Conférences, City University London / EULALIA RUBIO Chercheur senior, Notre Europe – Institut Jacques Delors / FRANCK VAN DE VELDE Maître de Conférences en Economie, Université Lille 1 / CHRISTIAN DE BOISSIEU Professeur à l’Université de Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) et au Collège d’Europe