Political science is a discipline of excellence which ensures good career prospects and a real opening to the international scene. ESPOL, the European School of Political and Social Sciences, offers an interdisciplinary education geared towards careers in politics and Europe. Heir to the School of Social and Political Sciences, created within the Catholic University of Lille in 1894, ESPOL emphasizes human values and an ethic of responsibility essential for orientation in the contemporary world.
This bilingual French-English programme offers an approach to political science through an original and innovative teaching method. The pedagogical curriculum in the 1st and 2nd cycles gives ESPOL graduates the keys to succeed in an increasingly competitive labour market: theoretical knowledge and inventiveness, professionalism and intellectual curiosity, skills and a sense of initiative. European, multilingual, in tune with the times, ESPOL provides you with the necessary background to succeed in your professional integration in Europe and beyond!
The history of the Catholic University of Lille began in 1875 with its five founding faculties, which have since provided instruction to many generations of students to guide them through social, political and economic changes at regional, national and international levels.
The Catholic University of Lille is also composed of additional schools and institutes, including ESPOL (political science), ISEA (accounting), the Department of Ethics and Philosophy, and the IU2S (healthcare administration). The mission adopted by the Faculties of the Catholic University of Lille is to train our students to become highly skilled, creative and flexible professionals as well as active and responsible citizens. In pursuit of this aim, through their core activities of teaching, research and serving society, the Faculties remain at all times attentive to the world around them and ready to adapt. Their primary ambition is to create the ideal environment for students to become the main actors of their education and to be responsible citizens, with humanist values and striving for excellence. These are invaluable qualities to successfully enter the job market.
– All courses are tailored to current job market trends.
– Advice on career guidance and development in the Career Centre.
– Personalised supervision in higher studies.
– An internship programme to help students enter the job market.
– Study abroad opportunities for all students to learn about other cultures and learning methods (Erasmus, International Relations department).
– A rich student life with many associations (cultural, sports, charities…) that have been active for several generations in one of the finest universities in France.
– Services to facilitate daily life (housing services, cafeterias, sports, clubs…).
– Support services (social services, grants & financial assistance).
– Attentiveness to student needs and sharing of humanist values.
– Alumni community networks.
– Fundamental and applied research dedicated to fostering knowledge and skills to create, innovate and develop.
No offer at the moment.