Benjamin Bourcier is Associate Professor of moral and political Philosophy at ESPOL (section 17 CNU). He holds a PhD in philosophy (The Cosmopolitan Thought of J. Bentham – 2016).
His current research focuses on international political philosophy and cosmopolitanism with a large part of this research developed in the history of political philosophy and political ideas. He is mainly interested in the Anglo-Saxon tradition of international political thought (since Hobbes), in the history of modern cosmopolitanism, as well as in contemporary debates on cosmopolitanism.
Languages spoken: French/ English
CLASSES TAUGHT AT ESPOL
- Histoire des idées politiques anciennes et modernes
- Ethics of Immigration
- Argumentation politique et théorie politique
- Méthodologie du travail intellectuel et bases de l’argumentation
- Qu’est-ce que le cosmopolitisme?
- History of political thought
- International Political Philosophy and Cosmopolitanism