Elisa Greco and Elia Apostolopolou presented their paper “Value, Rent and Nature: The Centrality of Class” at the Historical Materialism Sixteenth Annual Conference. Claps of Thunder: Disaster Communism, Extinction Capitalism and How to Survive Tomorrow taking place on 7th-10th November 2019 in SOAS, Russell Square, Central London.
Research stream: Left Ecology
This paper was presented at Panel on Value, Rent, Labour and the Capitalist Appropriation of Nature with Ms Elia Apostolopoulou as Chair & Discussant, along with the other contributions listed below:
- Land Grabbing and Value Grabbing: The Conflict over the Distributions of Rent in the Deployment of Wind Farms in Oaxaca, Mexico Lourdes – Alonso Serna
- Producing Assets – Callum Ward
- Rent-bearing Commodities and the Accumulation of Capital – Tom Purcell
- Value, Rent and Nature: The Centrality of Class – Elisa Greco
- Ecology at the Point of Production: Climate Change and the Class Struggle – Matt Huber