A solid understanding of europe in all its aspects
The Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science combines multidisciplinary teaching and extensive methodological training. It provides students with a solid grounding in general culture through social sciences courses and varied introductory classes. Students also acquire technical and specialised know-how about Europe.
• A strong knowledge of Europe in all its aspects (economic, political and historical);
• Excellent language skills and a genuinely humanist education;
• A strong capacity for analysis, criticism, argument, and a good ability to summarise.
• Foreign language courses (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, Portuguese, Dutch, etc.)
• Student mobility with the possibility of a stay at a foreign university from the fourth semester onwards;
• A multicultural campus environment (linked to the presence of international students and instructors)
• Internships and professional development: students must intern for a total of eight weeks, spread out as they wish over the three years of the Bachelor’s Degree. Students receive support for these internships in the form of technical workshops and specific, job-focused modules that introduce them to the different careers to which political science studies lead.
After completing their Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, students may:
• Continue their studies at ESPOL by enrolling for the Master’s in Global and European Politics
• Apply for a Master’s Degree in social and political sciences at an Institute of Political Studies or a university
• Choose to specialise in law, economics, management, history, journalism or communication.
• Go abroad to study
• Sit public service competitive entrance exams at the European, national or regional level
• Find a job with a local authority, an NGO or an international organisation.